How Do I Dispose of My Tritium Exit Sign?
At TritiumDisposal.com we are dedicated to making your exit sign disposal service both quick and easy. We provide you with easy to follow instructions and will help you complete virtually all of the necessary government paperwork for you. The process is simple:
How To Obtain an RGA Number:
- Prepay for returns.
- Complete the DOT Training & Acknowledgement Form and Serial Number Spreadsheet.
- Return both forms to TritiumDisposal.com via email or fax.
- Once both forms are received, TritiumDisposal.com will supply you with your RGA and NRC transfer notification letter.
After Obtaining Your RGA Number:
- Package signs according to TritiumDisposal.com's Packaging Instructions.
- Mail the NRC Transfer Notification Letter and Serial Number Spreadsheet to:
Director of NMSS
U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission
Washington, DC 20555-0001
- Ship signs via UPS Service Ground.
- Fax or email TritiumDisposal.com your shipping checklist.
- If needed, call TritiumDisposal.com to obtain confirmation of receipt letter.
How Are Tritium Signs Disposed?
When you return an expired sign, the housing, frame and legend are broken down into component parts. Whenever possible they are reconditioned and reassembled into a new sign. When components are not reusable, they are recycled.
The phosphor-coated tritium filled tubes are ultimately emptied of their contents by a trading partner who reclaims the tritium. Any tritium reclaimed is used in the manufacturing of new exit signs, aircraft signs, or other emergency lighting. The only waste that is left after this process is broken glass and phosphor residue. This remaining residue is then sent to a landfill (per law) for burial.
It is our objective to severely curtail the amount of waste generated by both, the manufacturing and shipping processes. We invite you to share in this objective.
How Do I Order Replacement Signs?
As a "Thank You" for using our exit sign disposal service, we can offer replacement tritium exit signs at prices not offered anywhere else! We have both single and double sided signs with a 10, 15, or 20 year life expectency as well as a full selection of colors. Please use our selection form to help choose a sign or browse our store.
Where Can I Find Additional Resourses?